Here I sit, 10 days away from baby boy’s due date, with lots of dull aches in my back and pressure in my front, drinking raspberry tea like it is my job, and pulling banana muffins out of the oven to freeze up for the sleepy newborn days to come.
How am I feeling?
- Tired. Sleeping has become veryyy interesting and intermittent, so I am basically ready for a nap around 2 pm everyday. Hah! SO thankful that I am working from home these last few weeks and not on my feet all day.
- Hopeful, but nervous! I head to the doctor tomorrow for my almost 39 week appointment. She will check me and I am REALLY praying that my body has made some progress.
- Waiting for something that you have zero control over and zero knowledge of when it will actually happen is tough. Especially for me, who LOVES a plan (rolling my eyes at myself haha!). My mind is all over the place. But I am thanking God for each day of rest and preparation, while baby boy continues to cook.
What have we been up to?
For Valentine’s day I made THIS delicious Biscuit Chicken Pot Pie, getting festive by shaping the biscuits into hearts. We followed our yummy dinner-in with an ice cream date to our favorite local spot. I had a scoop of honey cinnamon & a scoop of espresso, while Adam had a scoop of chocolate & a scoop of mint chip. I left my phone in the car, so you’ll just have to believe me 🙂
I stuck to my cleaning schedule for a week straight, which felt like a major feat! The schedule is based off of The Clean Mama routine and it has been working for me. Setting a timer and knocking out one major task a day feels like the most doable way to clean for me. My plan is to continue with each day’s task till we meet out little man, wish me luck!
I went to yoga a few times last week and have still be hitting to pool for some laps and stretching. With each pool visit, it becomes less of a workout and more of just laid back movement in water. It feels so good!
Finishing Baby Boy’s side of our room! & getting all of his clothes organized is all set up and ready to go.
Reading & takin’ baths – I have read 3 novels since the start of 2020 and feel pretty happy about that! This week I went to our local library and scored on a new read. Now we will see if I can finish it before our buddy comes. Also, baths have felt SO GOOD for my backaches and just in general. Thank you Lord for a big ole’ tub, lavender essential oil, and bath salts to help take care of my preggo body!
Food prepping! Some of you have asked for me to compile of list of things I have made to freeze for baby boy’s arrival. So here you go —
- Pinch of Yum’s Hawaiian Chicken Tacos, Chicken Meatballs, and Lentil Soup. All found on THIS post.
- GF/DF Blueberry Muffins
- Sourdough Banana Bread (which we have snuck a couple slices of early)
- Half batch of Sweet Potato Oat Muffins
- Half batch of Banana, Oat, Chocolate Chip Muffins
- and I mighttt get to making a few Black Bean Veggie Burgers 🙂
I am thinking (& hoping) this will be the last post I write before we get to meet our boy! The countdown is on and we can’t wait to see his face!